Saturday, June 12, 2021

Good Works in Secret

Robert E. Boertien (Oregon, USA) writes (in an Upper Room devotional):

"I volunteer with an organization that provides meals to people in need. One day when I delivered a meal to Tom, I noticed a repairman approaching the home next door.
I learned that Tom had secretly paid to have his neighbor’s broken hot water heater replaced, knowing they were unemployed, had young children, and had no funds to cover such a cost. I asked Tom why he didn’t tell the family about his generous act, and he replied, “Because I want the credit to go to the Lord, not me.”
Tom has a variety of health issues and lives with few amenities. He has a strong and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. For me, Tom’s kind act and humility are perfect examples of what it means to be a Christian."

No comments: